Monday, February 13, 2012

Review

Thoughts:

Today was simply a review for the test next week. I pretty much got the material, the only material that has stumped me is Bodoni's involvement in the transition from Neoclassicism. His font Bodoni is classified as modern style but other work is Neoclassic. I guess that transition has me mixed up. But one of the review questions led me to some more questions. According to one about the victorian era, the answer that wasn't right was about advertising agencies starting during this time. Does that mean that, shortly after John Hooper arrived, that agencies did start and began selling space and persuasion? Did it start in england first or did it come across the pond from America? That is a history that I hope we will peek at during the semester. Hopefully after some studying the test will go well haha.

Questions:

Again, I refer to my question about the ad agencies. Advertising has been a side interest of mine since watching Art and Copy 2 summers ago. I would like to look into how they started and when did the ad world and the design world collide and where they are going together.

No comments:

Post a Comment